Community is one of those words which is guaranteed to set my eyes a’rolling, and yet, much in spite of myself I found that I was diving into the WordPress community this week. It started when http://my500wordsaday.wordpress.com/ (aka Dominique) nominated me for a Liebster award, and to her I am very grateful, because, for all my general misanthropy, I have enjoyed the process of finding my eleven blogs to pass this nomination on to.
I admit that I have spent little to no time since joining this site in seeing what else is out there. It’s a mixture of laziness and jealousy I think. I, like the evil queen in Snow White, want to believe that I am the fairest of them all. But no more, all those I nominate here are all wonderful and I (oh god the triteness) enjoy sharing this community with them (blech!).
It works like this, I was nominated and so I share 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions asked by my nominator, nominate 11 more people, and then ask them 11 more questions. It’s like a chain letter, except instead of having my crush kiss me before next Friday, I share blogs with my audience that they might never have found otherwise and we all get to know each other better, and sunshine, and rainbows, and birds singing, you get the picture.
So without further ado,
11 Facts About Me
- My favorite thing in the world is the Texas State Fair, I have no idea why
- The first chapter book I ever read was Stewart Little, I was in the fourth grade
- Though I have lived in Texas for 98% of my life, I was born in California
- The first Harry Potter book I read was The Prisoner of Azkaban
- I have never been to heaven, but I have been to Oklahoma and I certainly hope the two are not similar.
- As a child I always dreamed of studying snakes in the Amazon
- I can name all of the James Bond movies in order with around 80% accuracy
- The only James Bond movie I have not yet seen is License to Kill
- Though I believe it to be a most awesome movie I have never watched Southland Tales completely sober.
- I was primarily attracted to my high school crush because his name was Edmund.
- I have a long standing obsession with the actor Peter Davison
11 Questions Answered
- What is the furthest distance you’ve travelled from the place you first called home?
I don’t know the exact mileage but I think Dallas to Bangkok is a heck of a long way.
- What was your favourite TV show when growing up?
Most likely Boys Meets World, however Matlock was a close second
- Who was president of your country when you were born?
- Where in the world would you go to if you needed to hide away?
My Grandparent’s house has always been good for that.
- How many languages do you speak, and what are they?
I am ashamed to admit, only one. Which if you can’t guess, is English.
- If you could instantaneously learn another language, which one would you choose?
I have always had a fascination with Russian and I’m not sure why.
- What was your biggest fear as a teenager?
Number one; Zombies, Number two; never being understood, Number three; more zombies
- Which writer would you choose to tell your life story?
- What is your favourite car?
A train car
- If you could be a fruit, what would it be?
I’ve always felt deeply that at heart I am a tomato
- What is 1756 + 8963?
10719, thank god for calculators
11 Bloggers Nominated
11 Questions Asked
- Why do you write?
- Pick one thing, event, or person that has made you a writer.
- How many people do you know named Josh?
- Who is your writing inspiration?
- How many days a week/month do you work on your blog?
- Where do you feel most at home?
- If you could have a magical power what would it be?
- The one place you have to see before you die.
- How do you feel about Highlander?
- Worst flavor?
- You’re in a cave. To your left is a mammoth grizzly bear with its arms wrapped around the thing you love most in the world. Armed only with your wits and a small bread pudding, what do you do?
Even those who I have not nominated can answer these questions in the comments if they so choose, I think that’d be fun.
And a partridge in a peeeaaaartreeeee